Spray painting may look easy, but here’s a few spray painting hints and tips that will help you get the desired result and help you avoid mess and waste.
- Read the instructions – obvious, but worth mentioning, as each type is different.
- Sweep, don’t point, for an even finish.
- Use a large dropcloth or tarp to prevent mess or spillage onto surroundings.
- Use height to your advantage for easy access.
- Instead of your hand, use a handle.
- Rotate small items by using a base.
- Do test shots and sprays to use the spray pattern to your advantage.
- Start and finish smooth with primer coats.
- Take appropriate safety precautions at all times – wear a mask and ensure your workspace is ventilated.